'You Shall Know The Truth, And The Truth Shall Make You
The Times-Union is an Independent Republican newspaper founded
as the Northern Indianian by General Reub Williams on Jan. 21, 1856. It
is published daily except Sunday and certain holidays at the Times Building,
Indiana and Market streets by Reub Williams and Sons, Inc.
- To publish and disseminate the news of the day accurately, without
bias, neither with favor nor fear of recrimination.
- To comment editorially on the issues and events of the day that the
editors believe to be of vital importance to the reader.
- To maintain a public forum whereby others may voice their opinions
- thus preserving the public's right of expression.
- To maintain continuous surveillance of the peoples' government that
no other institution is designed to do - simultaneously serving as a conduit
by which public office holders may maintain communications with the public
- To both foster and encourage commerce, and to support all community
programs that are designed for progress and betterment of the welfare of
See our rate card or call for details.